Hearty Chicken and Butternut Squash
520 Calories, 22 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups peeled and (1/4-inch) cubed butternut squash
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butternut squash and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook for 1 1⁄2 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Stir in spinach, brown “Ready Rice”, cilantro, and pepper. Cover skillet and let cook 5 additional minutes before serving.
- Add chicken broth, green beans, walnuts, cherry tomatoes, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to the skillet and toss to combine. Cover skillet, and let cook for 4 minutes, or until green beans are tender and chicken is cooked throughout.
Sweet potatoes can be used in place of the butternut squash, if desired.