Plant-Based Banana Bread
- 4 small very ripe bananas (about 1 ½-1 ¾ cups), mashed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup neutral-tasting baking oil of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Banana Bread Flavor Plant-Based Whole Blend IsaLean® Shake
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped IsaDelight® Super-Chocolate in Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place a piece of parchment paper across the center of a loaf pan widthwise. Cut to fit the length of your loaf pan, leaving a little hanging off the sides for easy removal of the finished banana bread. Lightly spray pan with cooking spray of choice.
- Add mashed bananas, sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, Banana Bread Flavor Plant-Based Whole Blend IsaLean Shake, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir until just combined, being careful not to overmix. Fold in optional additions if using.
- Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan, and smooth out the top. It will be very thick.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, letting the bread cool in the pan. Enjoy!