Spicy Salmon With Zucchini
408 Calories, 30 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- Olive Oil Spray
- 2 (5-ounce) fresh wild salmon fillets, about 1 1/4-inches thick, skin off
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper, divided
- 4 (1/4-inch thick) lemon slices
- 2 cups zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup cooked whole-grain brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Place salmon on the prepared sheet pan and lightly season with pinches of the salt and pepper. Place 2 lemon slices over top each seasoned fillet.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together zucchini, red onion, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, olive oil, coriander, oregano, and the remaining salt and pepper.
- Arrange zucchini mixture on the sheet pan beside the salmon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Serve alongside cooked brown rice.
Want an added flavor kick? Spread 1 teaspoon honey mustard over each piece of salmon before baking.