Classic Tomato Sauce
NUTRITIONALS PER SERVING: 66 Calories; 4g Fat; 8g Carbs; 2g Fiber; 4g Sugar; 25g Protein
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a 2-quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper to the pot and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
This freezes well and can easily be doubled to prepare plenty of sauce for future meals.