Sweet Potato, Kale, and White Bean Stew
NUTRITIONALS PER SERVING: 547 Calories; 21g Fat; 84g Carbs; 27g Fiber; 12g Sugar; 18g Protein
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup celery, cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups finely chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp minced fresh sage
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes, celery, and onion to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes, just until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in vegetable broth, kale, cannellini beans, sage, garlic, and pepper. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Serve topped with chopped avocado.
Canned garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed) can be substituted for the cannellini beans.