The cool crisp air, falling leaves, and pumpkin-spice lattes are a welcome change after a blistering summer. Unfortunately, with the changing season also come annoying sniffles, painful coughs, and miserable body aches; however, we are not completely defenseless. The immune system is a remarkably complex network of cells, tissues, and organs with the common goal of fighting off “foreign invaders.”
To keep your immune system defenses on guard, Isagenix Isamune Plus contains ingredients that work synergistically to fight against foreign invaders on a daily basis. The formulation combines zinc with bovine colostrum, Echinacea, and Reishi mushrooms. Along with a balanced diet and proper sleep, these ingredients can boost your immune defenses during the winter season.
- Zinc is a mineral that plays an important role in the function and development of immune cells (specifically, T-cells). Studies have shown that humans and animals deficient in zinc have increased oxidative stress and a compromised immune system (1-7). Zinc gluconate—the form of zinc in Isamune Plus—has been shown to maintain reserves to guard against a compromised immune system (2).
- Bovine Colostrum, termed the “first food for life,” is the first form of milk produced by a cow after giving birth. It immediately provides the calf with a host of immune-protecting substances. Research shows that colostrum supplementation in humans may have a similar impact and strengthen immune system defenses (8-10).
- Echinacea (Echinacea purpurea) is a flowering plant from the daisy family. The plant’s roots and leaves have been used for centuries by Native Americans for their medicinal qualities to aid pain relief, headaches, and even snake bites. Recent randomized controlled studies support Echinacea’s beneficial effect on the immune system (11-13).
- Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) is commonly consumed in Japan as either a tea or powder and reputed to increase youthful vigor and vitality. Multiple studies have also shown immunomodulatory effects of Reishi mushroom and overall health benefits (13-17).
Isamune Plus is formulated to provide the highest level of immune support by keeping immune cells in top fighting form. By nourishing your immune system with immunoglobulins and protein-rich polypeptides, your body can proactively fight those pesky foreign invaders. Feel confident that you are protected with Isagenix Isamune Plus this winter.
- Hemila H. The Open Respiratory Medicine Journal. 2011 (5):51-58.
- Prasad AS et al. Am J Clin Nutr 2007 Mar; 85(3):837-44.
- Prasad. Zinc: Mechanisms of Host Defense. J Nutr 2007, May; 137(5):1345-9.
- Mossad SB et al. Ann Intern Med 1996;125:81-8.
- Godfrey et al. J Int Med Res 1992;20:234-6.
- Weismann K et al. Dan Med Bull 1990;37:279-81.
- Eby GA et al. Antimicrob Agents and Chemother 1984;25:20-24.
- Cesarone MR et al.. Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis 2007; 13(2): 130-136.
- Shing CM et al. Effects of bovine colostrum supplementation on immune variables in highly trained cyclists. J Appl Physiol 2007; 102: 1113-1122.
- Crooks CV et al. The effect of Bovine Colostrum Supplementation on Salivary IgA in Distance Runners. Inter J Sport Nutr and Exercise Metabolism 2006; 16: 47-64.
- Noguchi et al. Randomized clinical trial of an ethanol extract of Ganoderma lucidum in men with lower urinary tract symptoms. Asian J Androl. 2008;10(5):777-785.
- Noguchi et al.. Asian J Androl. Jul 2008;10(4):651-658.
- Wachtel-Galor et al. Ganoderma lucidum (“Lingzhi”), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study. Br J Nutr. 2004;91(2):263-269.
- Gao et al. Immunol Invest. 2003;32(3):201-215.
- McGuffin eds. American Herbal Products Association’s Botanical Safety Handbook. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, LLC 1997.
- Hobbs C. Medicinal Mushrooms. 3rd ed. Loveland (OR): Interweave Press; 1996.
- Tao and Feng. Experimental and clinical studies on inhibitory effect of Ganoderma lucidum on platelet aggregation. J Tongji Med Univ 1990;10:240-3.