Veggie Burger Bowl
NUTRITIONALS PER SERVING: 406 Calories; 11g Fat; 68g Carbs; 14g Fiber; 11g Sugar; 16g Protein
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 cup reduced-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked beets
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- In a mixing bowl, mash black beans. Add rice, beets, oats, onion, egg white, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the beans and fold until all is combined. Form into 2 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add patties to the skillet, cover, and let cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Divide salad greens between two serving dishes and top with an equal amount of the tomatoes, cucumber, and carrots. Serve veggie burger over salad. Drizzle with a low-calorie dressing or vinegar, if desired.
Combine 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons of pesto sauce for a quick dressing for 2.