Thai Chicken and Rice Bowl
406 Calories, 25 Minutes
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 6 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup brown “Ready Rice”
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, peas, coconut milk, lime juice, and curry powder to the skillet and, stirring occasionally, let cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, brown “Ready Rice”, cilantro, and pepper. Cover skillet and let cook 5 additional minutes before serving.
Tip: While any cooked brown rice can be used, for the best texture in this recipe, use “Ready Rice” sold precooked in pouches in the rice aisle.