Classic Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs
600 Calories, 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 batch Classic Tomato Sauce
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground turkey
- 3 tbsp Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- Prepare Classic Tomato Sauce according to the recipe directions.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Divide the mixture evenly and form into 6 meatballs.
- Add meatballs to the prepared tomato sauce, cover, and bring up to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat and let cook for 20 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to the package directions. Drain well before serving, and top with the meatballs and sauce.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread crumbs and serve over zucchini noodles (1 medium zucchini per serving). Zucchini noodles also reduce the recipe by 150 calories!