Mother Nature has provided plenty of tools for conquering the effects of stress, and you get the best of them with Adaptogen Elixir.
Adaptogen Tea Blend
To support your body combat the effects of stress and find inner balance, Adaptogen Elixir™ pairs ever popular kombucha with adaptogens like astragalus, schisandra, and rhodiola. These words may not yet spark instant visions of ocean waves and a zen life, but as soon as we introduce you, you’ll be daydreaming about these adaptogens.
Kombucha black tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf: Made by fermenting black tea leaves with sugar and Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast, or SCOBY for short, kombucha dates back thousands of years. It continues to gain global notoriety for its array of health benefits (1).
Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) root extract: Native to China, astragalus has been traditionally used for thousands of years as an adaptogen to help increase energy and resistance to stress (2). Astragalus membranaceus is gaining interest in research for its cardioprotective, immune health, and longevity effects (3-5).
Eleuthero (Eleutherococcus senticosus) root extract: A small, woody shrub native to Northeastern Asia, eleuthero has been used in China for more than 2,000 years as a natural remedy for fighting fatigue. Recent studies have also indicated eleuthero root may help to maintain mental and physical performance under stressful conditions through improved focus and cognitive function (6).
Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis) fruit extract: Known as the “five flavor berry” because it contains all five of the primary flavors: sweet, salty, sour, pungent, and bitter, schisandra berry grows as part of a woody vine native to the forests of Northern China and Eastern Russia. In human studies, schisandra showed an increase in work accuracy and decreased feelings of fatigue and exhaustion (7).
Red beet (Beta vulgaris) juice powder: A superfood root vegetable rich in nutrients and betalain, a natural deep red pigment that gives many plants their bright color.
Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea) root extract: A plant that is native to the coldest regions of the world, Rhodiola has been used as an herbal medicine for several centuries in Russia and Scandinavia to increase physical endurance and improve energy levels. In clinical trials, Rhodiola has been shown to help strengthen the mind and body’s resistance to stress (7).
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract: An ancient Ayurvedic herb, ashwagandha is an adaptogen shown to promote cognitive relaxation and help the body adapt to the effects of physical and mental stress (8-10).
Luxuriously Delicious Flavor
Adaptogen Elixir only uses a handful of ingredients to entice your taste buds with its sparkling fruity rose tea flavor, lightly sweetened with apple and stevia.
Apple juice Concentrate: Made from filtered apple juice, apple juice concentrate has a mild flavor and color, making it ideal for natural sweetness and fruity flavor enhancement.
Natural Flavors: “Natural flavors” is a regulated term used to define flavorings created using only components found in nature. They are generally made of essential oils, essences or extracts, fruit juices, and spices. Adaptogen Elixir’s natural flavors include lychee fruit and a subtle essence of rose.
Purple carrot and lemon juice concentrate: Anthocyanin-rich purple carrot juice mixed with tart lemon juice provides complexity to Adaptogen Elixir’s flavor while also imparting a beautiful rich berry color.
Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) leaf extract: A South American herb that is naturally sweeter than sugar and provides no calories.
Citric acid: Naturally found in citrus fruits, citric acid lowers the pH to help maintain freshness.
No Compromise Quality
Adaptogen Elixir is scientifically crafted with peace and our planet in mind. Ancient adaptogens and superfood ingredients are carefully blended and delivered to you in 100% recyclable glass bottles. Isagenix follows a no-compromise quality policy that ensures each product you receive has met the highest manufacturing and quality assurance standards. Sit back as you sip your stress away with Adaptogen Elixir’s harmonizing blend of botanicals that will help you stress less.
- Villarreal-Soto SA, Beaufort S, Bouajila J, et. al. Understanding Kombucha Tea Fermentation: A Review. J Food Sci. 2018 Mar;83(3):580-588.
- Health Canada. ASTRAGALUS – ASTRAGALUS MEMBRANACEUS monograph. Natural Health Products Ingredients Database, Feb 25, 2019. http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/atReq.do?atid=astragalus.astragale&lang=eng. Retrieved: May 25, 2021.
- Harley CB, Liu W, Blasco M, et. al. A natural product telomerase activator as part of a health maintenance program. Rejuvenation Res. 2011 Feb;14(1):45-56.
- Wang P, Zhang Z, Sun Y, et. al. The two isomers of HDTIC compounds from Astragali Radix slow down telomere shortening rate via attenuating oxidative stress and increasing DNA repair ability in human fetal lung diploid fibroblast cells. DNA Cell Biol. 2010 Jan;29(1):33-9.
- Matkovic Z, Zivkovic V, Korica M, et. al. Efficacy and safety of Astragalus membranaceus in the treatment of patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. Phytother Res. 2010 Feb;24(2):175-81.
- Kuo J, Chen KW, Cheng IS, et. al. The effect of eight weeks of supplementation with Eleutherococcus senticosus on endurance capacity and metabolism in human. Chin J Physiol 2010;53:105-11.
- Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, et. al. Double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomised study of single dose effects of ADAPT-232 on cognitive functions. Phytomedicine. 2010 Jun;17(7):494-9.
- Choudhary D, Bhattacharyya S, Bose S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions. J Diet Suppl. 2017 Nov 2;14(6):599-612.
- Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, et al. Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Nov 25;12:43.
- Chandrasekhar K, Kapoor J, Anishetty S. A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian J Psychol Med. 2012 Jul;34(3):255-62.