Taking care of kids is a full-time job. It’s safe to say all caretakers (moms, dads, grandparents, teachers, etc.) know this. But, feeding them and making sure they get the nutrition they need to thrive and grow every day can be a daunting challenge all on its own.
Research has shown that 27% of children’s daily calories may come from snack foods, meaning there’s a whole lot more value packed in a snack than we often give credit for. It’s so important to have snacks that work with you and not against you. On-the-go snack options saturate the market these days, but not all snacks are created equal (or nutritious, for that matter).
How many times have you heard your kids say, “I’m hungry!” only to hear them say it again an hour later? For me, it’s probably around 20 times per day, per kid, and I’ve got four little people at home, three of which are able to talk and communicate. If you’re doing the math, that’s a whole lot of hungry cries in my house!
Snacks are an integral part of any kid’s day, especially with school schedules, sports commitments, and extracurricular clubs. Kids need fuel to get them through their long days. So, when shopping for snacks, most parents are looking for ones that can provide sustenance, nutrition, flavor, convenience, and taste. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before making your next snack purchase:
- Can I take this on-the-go with me?
- Does this have adequate nutrition?
- Is it easy to eat?
- Would I eat this, too?
We found four snacks that answer YES to all the above criteria. Here’s why they’re a great option for busy families with kids on the go:
- IsaKids® Super Smoothie: Both delicious and nutritious, this drink offers specialized nutrition for a kid’s growing body, with 10 grams of protein from milk and undenatured whey and 22 vitamins and minerals.
- Slim Cakes®: These shouldn’t be used as part of a weight loss regimen for children, but they can be a subtly sweet snack kids can enjoy anywhere. Slim Cakes are individually wrapped, making them a quick and simple option to carry and enjoy at your kid’s convenience with 5 grams of fiber and 100 calories.
- Organic Greens: This is a cool, refreshing way to keep kids hydrated and healthy with two FULL servings of vegetables per scoop. Just add to water, and enjoy!
- Fiber Snacks™: These snacks offer 24% of the daily recommended value of fiber in a single serving and are individually wrapped for a convenient and nutritious experience.*
It’s important to give your kids options so they feel like they’re active players in their own health. Empower them to feel confident when making a snack choice. Rotate the options in the snack pantry, and keep them stocked with a variety of colors and flavors. The more nutritious options you provide kids, the more inclined they are to reach for the “good stuff” and leave the sugar-coated stuff behind!
Snacking is serious but not scary! Turn snacktime into a fun and fulfilling experience for your kids so they can start forming healthy habits to last a lifetime.
*Fiber Snacks contain 6 grams of fiber and 6 grams of fat per serving.